Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Ludvina's Legacy is complete

About 2 1/2 years ago I posted about starting to put together a bunch of 1.5" sqaures that I had. I have been working on that project pretty steadily and last night I finished the hand-sewing on the binding.


This quilt was all hand pieced (yes, all 2064 little 1.5" squares and 160 1.5" X 4.5" sashing strips) and hand quilted.


At various times in the process I thought I would never finish either the piecing or the quilting but I did it! The only things that were done on the machine were piecing the back and putting the binding on. I love the feel of it - since it was hand quilted without a hoop or frame it is so soft - as if it had been washed several times.

I am glad it is finished in time for this year's quilt show at our church which will be the Saturday before Mother's Day (May 8) and will raise funds for our Relay for Life team.

I think my next hand-sewing project to focus on will be on this quilt, mainly because I think it is one I can actually get finished soon. But today, I will work on getting the Lady of the Lake sandwiched and at least ready for quilting.

No comments: