Thursday, May 20, 2010

Lots of little triangles

So I didn't get started on any of the things I listed in my last post. Instead I looked at some of the little triangles I had sitting around waiting to be used and decided I was going to get them taken care of. I started sewing and then found more triangles and then more. Here you can see the mess on the sewing machine...


and the little pile on the floor underneath.


I got them sewn into HSTs and got them cut apart, pressed and trimmed over the last two days.

Here you can see them all trimmed and sorted by size.


Since this last picture was taken I have started sewing these into broken dishes blocks. Once that step is done I will probably put them aside for a while so I can get some other things done. But maybe I will be inspired to finish this up right now.

So my question to all of you is...Do you save little triangles to use 'someday' or do you just toss them in the trash?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I give them to my sister :)

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I love "bonus" triangles, because 1/2 the work is already done for you - a shame not to just piece them together to add interest to the next scrap quilt! Thanks for visiting my blog - funny that I posted about this very same subject today! Cheers! Evelyn