Wednesday, May 26, 2010

There's an App for that!

Yes, there is an app for quilting even! A few weeks ago Bronwyn over at Whippet Good mentioned a new toy she had and an app she had downloaded for it. I recognized the iPhone and did an immediate search for the app. I found it - Quick & Easy Quit Block Tool. I didn't download it right away as I was busy with the quilt show preparation but my daughter noticed that I had looked it up on my computer when she was visiting and gave it to me for Mother's Day. I had my first opportunity to use it yesterday as I was planning out which blocks to make for the Quilt Block Exchange for May.

It is really great as it gives you a list of 102 blocks and when you choose one it gives you the size and number of pieces you need to cut for 5 different sized blocks! I went down the list and found three that I liked, followed the directions and it worked like a charm! Here are the blocks I made yesterday:


The pink and brown is called Golden Gate, the blue and green is Ranger's Pride and the red and white is obviously Bow Tie. The chicken print block is just a disappearing 9-patch and I have a second one like it that will be turned into a doll quilt in the next few days probably. Now I need to get these in the mail but first I must make some Chex Party Mix to mail to my son (and my daughters).

2 comments:

ktdodat said...

And a little to leave at your house for your favorite niece if she comes to visit you???

CraftyGryphon said...

I think I have more craft-apps on my husband's iTouch than he has other apps combined. This one is going on The List!!