Saturday, May 5, 2007

And Stars Too!

It seems I am to have Thursdays and Fridays off now. That is pretty exciting! I am hoping I will be able to get lots more done around the house. I am still answering customer pages but in between I can get things done.

Yesterday I got three more tops quilted and got the binding machine-stitched on. On one I even tried quiting stars. It worked out pretty well. I am sure with time they will be much nicer stars. That means that I have 10 quilted so far. I need to cut more binding strips and get those ready and get some backs put together and get a few more quilts sandwiched. Since I bought more safety pins I can actually have more than one sandwiched at a time.

Last night I went to church and helped get things prepared for our Cinco de Mayo dinner tonight. I was in charge of the guacamole again. I made it two years ago for the dinner and it was very nummy. Last night's was just as good - so good that I need to get some more avocados today and make more - a little too much tasting was done last night.

The sun is out this morning so if it dries up a bit I can also get out and do some mowing. We need to get things looking pretty good before we head to Alaska on Wednesday.

No comments: