Monday, February 11, 2008

block mock up

Yesterday afternoon and this morning I worked on cutting out the pieces for my SIL's quilt. I finished and laid out the some of the pieces to see what one block will look like. Here is that picture. The pattern is from Fons and Porter's Love of Quilting and is called Victorian Stars. I think it is going to turn out very nicely.

Now it is time to turn my energy to figuring out what I am bringing along. There are the obvious items: sewing machine, scissors, rotary cutter, rulers, mats, thread, needles, rippers, extra light bulbs, etc. I also have all the pieces I have been cutting out recently - which means I have enough to make 3-4 quilt tops over the weekend. I will probably also bring along some more fabric just in case I get bored with the other projects.

2 comments:

Shelli said...

Maybe THAT'S what I need for some "me" time - a quilting retreat!

Sounds dreamy.

Have a lovely time.

Rosalyn Manesse said...

What a lot of careful work goes into these blocks. Good color choices.