Wednesday, February 6, 2008

It's Snowing!

As our Ash Wednesday service was ending this evening it was announced that we would only sing four verses of "Just As I Am" because the snow was coming down pretty hard. On my way home I discovered the one thing about my new car that I don't like - driving when it is snowing at night. The headlights are too good and light up the snow coming at the windshield so it is hard to see where you are going. Luckily I only drive on two roads to get home and they are both very straight!

I finished a project today for the church. I dyed about 7 yards of pale pine burlap to a nice purple and then cut it to make six banners to hang in our sanctuary for Lent. I did the dying on Sunday using the daycare's washer since I don't have a top loading washer here at home. I also got it cut into 6 pieces on Sunday and left it to finish drying since it just wasn't working in one piece in the dryer! You should have seen all the purple fluff! Today I got the six pieces turned into banners and got them hung up and they look pretty good. I was going to bring my camera tonight to take a picture of them but, I forgot, what a surprise!

Now I need to get more work done on cutting the pieces for the wedding quilt and maybe get some other cutting done to.

No comments: