Saturday, December 13, 2008

Finished another

I managed to get another top finished today. These are the fabrics I received from my friends for my birthday last December. I have had them sitting in my sewing room awaiting inspiration. I tried one Disappearing 9-Patch for a doll quilt swap and was inspired to try a more planned out one so a few weeks ago I starting cutting and then got delayed in the sewing process. Then I realized I was sewing the 9-patch blocks together wrong so I had to do some ripping. Usually having to rip things out makes me want to put the project aside for some other time but this time I got right back up on the old horse, so to speak, and got the blocks together and then cut them and last night I laid them out and today I got them together. I am somewhat satisfied with the result but I think I will reserve further disappearing 9-patch projects to doll quilt size!

My next project is going to be sewing together my Road to Jericho blocks - I think I will make two smaller quilts instead of one larger one. I have to figure out how to split up the 141 blocks though!

No comments: