Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Isn't this the cutest?

After picking up packages at the post office recently for my husband and daughter, finally I got one for me! This little darling came from Trisha from less than 50 miles away! Wrapped in the handmade dishcloth is a bar of handmade soap too! I still have several swap packages that should arrive soon so I anxiously check the post office each day!

Last week I got two boxes of fabric from a friend who doesn't sew. A lot of the fabric was scraps from a scrubs factory (not sure that is what it would be called but couldn't come up with another name), some was fabric I will use for LWR quilts but there was quite a bit of 'good' quilting fabric also. When I prewashed the white I bought yesterday I also prewashed the lighter fabrics in this group. There were a lot of 1/2 yd pieces and some fat quarters or fat eighths in the pile for a total of about 5 1/2 yards!!! After I get back from my little trip this weekend I will have to get the rest washed up to see how much I got all together!

2 comments:

Trisha said...

Yay! So glad it arrived safely!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Charming quilt love the flower on it. Lucky you, a box of fabric scraps. Give a box like that to an ordinary person and they say, "Thanks, just what I need to wash my (fill in the blank) car, dog, windows. But given to a quilter and she says, "Just let me get out my rotary cutter, this stuff could become a (fill in the blank) lap quilt, table runner, baby quilt...