Considering we have Mr. Helpful around, Chelsea and I got quite a bit of sewing done this weekend. She got her first quilt top finished - only took 6 years or so. She plans to take leave it here to be quilted and bound.
I used some of the leftovers from the baby quilts I made earlier this week to make a little doll quilt that I gave to Layden. He seemed to like having a quilt his size! I also laid out the rest of my leftovers to make another doll quilt but I will sew it up later this week.
Then I made a skirt for Chelsea out of the batik we bought on Friday. It turned out quite nicely.
After that I made another baby carrier - this one is for Chelsea's neighbor. We are thinking about making more and selling them so I checked to see how long it took to make one. About 2 yards of fabric and 2 hours, it turns out, barring mistakes. This one was the first made with a sleeping hood. It turned out well so I added a hood to each of the three other carriers I made recently and to Chelsea's old one since I had extra fabric.