Sunday, August 5, 2007

Busy sewing weekend

Considering we have Mr. Helpful around, Chelsea and I got quite a bit of sewing done this weekend. She got her first quilt top finished - only took 6 years or so. She plans to take leave it here to be quilted and bound.

I used some of the leftovers from the baby quilts I made earlier this week to make a little doll quilt that I gave to Layden. He seemed to like having a quilt his size! I also laid out the rest of my leftovers to make another doll quilt but I will sew it up later this week.

Then I made a skirt for Chelsea out of the batik we bought on Friday. It turned out quite nicely.

After that I made another baby carrier - this one is for Chelsea's neighbor. We are thinking about making more and selling them so I checked to see how long it took to make one. About 2 yards of fabric and 2 hours, it turns out, barring mistakes. This one was the first made with a sleeping hood. It turned out well so I added a hood to each of the three other carriers I made recently and to Chelsea's old one since I had extra fabric.

3 comments:

Libby said...

Wow you guys got tons of sewing done! It must be due to your helpful little helper ;)

That "cheese" fabric in the last post is soooo hilarious! Wondering how/why someone thought to make that...? Yet I would have bought it too...

Quilting Pirate said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend!! Great baby carrier - definitely sell them!!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Dear Alicia, Thanks for your comment on my blog. But no, my crazy quilt is not made with denim! It's cotton fabric printed to look like it's denim.I shop for that stuff and I was lucky to find this fabric at Joann's.
I remember about 35 years ago I used to sew baby carriers. That tells you how old my youngest is!