I have been a bit remiss about posting recently. I got started on trimming up scraps to use for the group quilt last week and just couldn't stop. The strips were the easiest since most of my scraps are smaller than 4 or 5 inches. This evening I finished cutting the squares and then cut those into triangles and matched them up with the strips. Next I will press them flat and do a quick press to mark the centers to make it easier to put them together. Who knows, I might even get some of them sewn tonight.
In the process of going through the scraps I went into the attic and found 3 big bins and two boxes of scraps to be used. Most of it is for Lutheran World Relief quilt tops but there is a lot to use for crazy quilt blocks. I really would rather not put the bins and boxes back in the attic and I definitely don't want them clogging up the sewing room so I guess I will be getting some LWR tops finished and then work on crazy quilt blocks.
I got the name of my Four Seasons Quilt Swap recipient this week so it is time to get to work on an autumn/fall type quilt. Not sure yet what it will be but I have some thoughts. That needs to be my next project since it has an actual deadline!