Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I did it!

I got the top done today! It turned out beautifully. These aren't great pictures but it is too big for the top of my king size bed and it is now almost dark outside so I couldn't hang it for a picture tonight so that was the best I could do on a chair. I will post a better picture when we can hang it next door on Sally's design wall. As I sewed together each block I marveled that 440 blocks made by four people from their stashes (each only having one strip and one square of any one fabric) had so few duplicates. I think there was only one fabric duplicated in the blocks and maybe one in the strips!
There were also two other colorways of the fabric that was duplicated in the squares. The only other fabric that had several colorways was Moda Marbles!


Rose Marie said...

What a great way to use up scraps and this top looks so bright and cheery!

Not Lucy said...

The problem is it really didn't use up that many scraps!!!!!