Monday, November 26, 2007

Almost a Week

I have just been busy this past week what with traveling, playing with the grandson, cooking turkey, eating, running around looking for a lab coat for the son, and getting a bad cold.

Today was busy with phone calls after a 5 day weekend from the business. I did get the fabric I need for a giftee for my sister and got a package off to one daughter.

I also finished ripping out part of a Christmas quilt top that I made ? years ago and got it back together. Here is a picture I just took of it. The circles are some candlewicking ornaments that I wasn't sure just how to finish so I just appliqued them to some muslin and then added the 9-patch blocks and put them together with the sashing - the gold parts are supposed to be stars but they don't stand out really well. I am hoping that quilting will help that. Looking at it hanging I realized I could have placed the blocks better but I am not ripping all the blocks apart and redoing the whole thing. I just want to get it finished! I figure if I just say I started it several years ago anyone who notices the strangeness of it will understand. Most people probably won't even notice. In my defense it was originally planned as more of a bedspread so there was some extra stuff between the top and second rows so none of the blocks would be hidden in the tuck under the pillows. I know, not much of a defense but it's all I've got!

I have the backing in the washer so once I sew one more seam I will be ready to get that quilted soon. Not tomorrow but soon. I would like to get my sister's gift done so that can get in the mail in the next few days. I am hoping she will like it.

I got my partner's name for the Four Seasons Quilt Swap so I am starting to think about what I am going to do for that. Winter is the theme and I think I am not going to do a holiday quilt but more wintery.

No comments: