Saturday, November 17, 2007

Back to the machine

Last night I finished getting caught up on the business books - a nice birthday present for my husband. It was his 50th and he actually took the day off - a first since he became self-employed.

After making a number of phone calls to set up service calls for Monday and Tuesday and an exciting trip to the dump and recycling facilities I finally got a chance to get some sewing done. I got started on the first of the little quilts I am making for my other two crafting friends. This first one I made out of leftovers that Nadine gave me from a quilt that I helped her get put together after some pattern issues. I made some Ohio Star blocks and got them put together with a pieced border. Then I put together a fun back out of more of the leftovers and I still ended up with this pile of pieces . Probably enough for a nice little doll quilt for myself. I hope to get this one quilted tomorrow and get a start on the second quilt so I will have them both done for craft night on Tuesday.

No comments: