Thursday, May 22, 2008

Cruising

Look at these two little cuties. The one on the right is the one I made for Kristy - I think I did well since she said she has lots of chickens in her kitchen! The one on the left and the extra goodies are from her. These are our first month's efforts for the new Mini Quilt Swap over on Flickr. The little quilt goes quite nicely with the red chair quilt I received in the Doll Quilt Swap 3. The best part was that I actually got to meet in person one of the people I have been chatting with on Flickr. Now I need to start thinking about the June Mini Quilt Swap which involves English Paper Piecing - something I haven't actually done before though I have hand stitched some Grandmother's Flower Garden items.

I am nearly done with the quilting on the Spring Fling Round Robin quilt that I have now. I found a couple of fabrics to use in the binding along with the backing fabric. Haven't decided yet if it will be one of the fabrics, two of them, or all three. My decision will be made once the quilting is done and it tells me what it wants.

I will also need to get started on the Summer edition of the Four Seasons Quilt Swap soon. I should receive my partner's info in the next few days.

On another happy note - I got my car back from the shop this afternoon. I have become quite attached to my little red car. I missed it while it was in the shop. I have become greatly spoiled by this car in 5 short months!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the bright fabrics and fun design you used for the Chicken quilt. It looks fantastic!

Anonymous said...

I LoVe love LOVE the chicken block! I see that it's done, is it a mini quilt or a potholder? I LOVE IT!

Not Lucy said...

Thanks marie and brandy.

It is a mini quilt for the mini quilt swap on Flickr.

Rosalyn Manesse said...

cute chicken block