Thursday, August 7, 2008

I have spent the last two days primering the roof of our deck. A total of about 9 hours of overhead painting! There are 90 'squares' in the roof and all but 3 are finished. I ran out of primer so I couldn't finish those last three. Having it primered gives us an idea of how much brighter it will be on the deck even on those gray days in winter.

Today I think I will paint one of the walls so I feel like I am getting something accomplished. If I try really hard I could get both coats on it even. I will post a picture later so you can see what color the house will be when I get done in a few weeks.

I have been working on one of my August mini quilts. This one is supposed to be totally hand sewn. It is an different take on a traditional pattern. It is turning out pretty well, but I can't show pictures until I know it has been received.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, very special, i like it.

Trisha said...

Wow! Nine hours of overhead painting! That makes my back hurt just reading about it! I can't wait to see your hand sewn quilt!