Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Top Is Done!

WooHoo! Yes, in less than a year (I looked back in my posts and found my first mention of this project in October of last year) I have taken Ludvina'a Legacy from a pile of 1.5" squares to a 52 1/2" quilt top! I finished the borders last night and got it all pressed this morning. Here is a progression of the project in photos.

I figured it out last night and there are 2064 1.5" squares and 160 neutral sashing strips for a total of 2224 pieces. I ended up cutting about 40 more squares to complete the borders and then ended up with 6 extras so they will be part of the label when it is done. If you would like to read more about the project you can read it here. As an added bonus I am here is a scan of Ludvina's graduation portrait from the early 40's.
Well, it is time to get out and paint before it gets too warm!

1 comment:

The Calico Cat said...

Thanks so much for sharing this with me.