Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What do you think?

I mentioned a few days ago that I am getting started again on a UFO Cathedral Window Quilt. Instead of using muslin for the background of the quilt I am using navy and I have enough together that I can start thinking about what to use as the window 'panes'. I am leaning toward yellows - including prints with white, blue and green but I also think it could look really great with neutrals, or brights, or ? What do you all think? And if I need more little squares of whatever palette I choose, would anyone be interested in swapping some little squares so I can make this a charm quilt. At this point I don't know how big this quilt will end up so not sure how many little squares I will be needing but I just wanted to send out some 'feelers' into the quilty world. I am waiting with bated breath.

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

Neutrals would be very pretty. I could give you some of your neutrals back :) He he. I think I might have 1 you don't have.

The Calico Cat said...

I could help with almost any of those colors/styles.
As a matter of fact I pulled a bunch of yellows for a log cabin last night.
(I have neutrals out the WAZOO & I have brights to blind ya!)
When you make up your mind, let me know which ones you want & the minimum size that they need to be. I won't be trimming down the scraps/nickles.

Anonymous said...

Well, I can't help with the fabric squares - I don't *shock* have any charm fabrics.

But, I stopped by to vote. I think navy blue looks best when pared with pastels, so I say go with the yellows.

-From one who wears a lot of navy blue

susan said...

i would be up for swapping whatever fabrics you decide
i think your idea is great
did you see the cathedral windows i got from sheltondhw in the mini group?