Thursday, June 28, 2007

Cathedral Window

Not much of a picture for this UFO/WIP. I was surfing through some blogs this morning and found Quilt Otaku. She posted about a Cathedral Window quilt she is working on. That reminded me that I have a Cathedral Window UFO/WIP.

I made a Cathedral Window pillow as a wedding gift for a friend a number of years ago and tucked it away in the back of my mind that someday I would make a bigger project. I started collecting pictures and patterns for various designs and that was as far as it went.

A few years ago I decided I would finally get started. I decided I wanted to use navy instead of the usual white or unbleached muslin so I got some squares cut and started working on them but some other project came up and put them on the back burner where they have sat. I am thinking I will haul them out as soon as I finish the other handwork I have going right now but that could still be a while! I still haven't decided what will be the 'panes' in the windows but that can wait!

1 comment:

susan said...

that navy is pretty, i think it will be awesome when finished