Sunday, June 3, 2007

I don't know when I was last as tired as I was last night! I had a great time at the Relay for Life this weekend but it does wear you out! I was there for the Survivor Lap at the beginning and stayed til about 10:45 pm during the Luminaria Ceremony. Came home and got about 3 1/2 hours of sleep then was back for my scheduled two hours of walking (4 - 6 AM). Not sure how many times I went around that track but I must have logged in somewhere between 5 and 10 miles. Then I stayed around until about 10 AM. I just was so tired I had to go home. I managed to get a couple of hours of sleep and then made it until about 10 and passed out in bed. A good night's sleep has done wonders. If you ever have a chance to be involved in this event in your community I would urge you to go for it. Not only are you raising money to help the American Cancer Society and in doing so touching the lives of almost everyone in our country in some way, but you will also have a lot of fun and meet a lot of great people. I also enjoyed seeing people I hadn't seen for months or even years - Chelsea's soccer coach and his family (I had forgotten that his wife had cancer and is now a 10-year survivor), former bowling partners, my kids' former teachers and their friends' parents, etc.

My only accomplishment yesterday was getting netting over my garden beds - the momma cats thought they were new litter boxes. Today I need to go around and get some plants staked up so they don't get run over, etc.

Larry sat down one day last week and wrote out lots of big and little jobs that need to be done around the house this summer and I am so impressed that this weekend he has been working getting some of those done. Today he is installing a screenless door on the back porch. Now I will need to get the screens redone and installed so we can leave that door open for Lucy to get out on her own. Too bad we can't figure out a way for her to open the door to come back in!

No comments: