Thursday, June 7, 2007

What is a mother to do?

The kittens are getting bigger all the time and also more active. They keep figuring out how to get out of their box or laundry basket or whatever so they can explore the great outdoors and Windex (one of the mommas) keeps trying to bring them to a safe place. She is finding it very hard to keep 8 little kittens where they belong, especially since Tucci (the other momma) isn't really helping keep them in line! I think we need to find a safe place for them to be that is off the deck because they keep falling the 18 inches or so to the ground and then it is very hard for Windex to get them back up there. It is so cute how they come over to us when we are outside now. They seem to like people and being held. I will try to post individual pictures of them this week with gender information for anyone who is thinking about giving one or more a good home. I think there might be 4 girls and 4 boys but it is hard to keep track of them!

The weather has cooled off considerably since Sunday and we have had some rain even. Not enough but some. I guess tomorrow will be nice and then more rain for the weekend. Oh darn, I guess I will just have to work on things inside. Actually I know I need to get out and do some weeding but it will have to wait for dryer weather.

I finished another 10 crazy quilt squares and have started on the next 9. Maybe I will finish those yet today. Still not much of a dent in the scraps though!

No comments: