Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Finally I can write...

Several posts ago I hinted that I was working on some special projects that I couldn't write about. They have finally been presented so I can show pictures and tell about them.
On Monday evening at 'Craft Night' at Sally's we surprised Karla with cake and ice cream to celebrate her 5oth birthday. Then I brought out the presents...
First was a 'quiltlet' for Karla made from a pattern and fabric featuring Matryoshkas that I bought in Sitka in November.
Next, I brought out a 'quiltlet' for Brita for her birthday in March. It was made from the same pattern as her mom's but I used a fabric I bought special for her that was black and brights. Along with it, she got the promise of a road trip to Fabric Depot sometime.
Third, I handed Karina a lap sized quilt so she wouldn't feel left out. It was a larger version of the I Spy With a Twist pattern. Karina is from Ukraine and has been with the Olsons since August as an exchange student. She is such a sweetie and she will be missed when she heads home in June.The finale was the surprise 50th birthday quilt for Karla. The blocks were made by various quilters who are either friend or family of Karla's. The only stipulation was that they be rectangular and be blues and neutrals. Katie and I put them together in a pleasing manner and then it was sent to amazing Deb to be quilted. I got it back with a few days to spare to get the binding on.
So now the secrets are out - well, at least some of them......

No comments: